Human Resource Generalist
Moreno Valley, CA | Direct Hire
Job Summary: The Human Resources Generalist’s primary responsibilities will be to manage mandated leave programs. Leave of Absences may include, but are not limited to FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA, WC, including ADA accommodations. This position will ensure applicable tools, process and policies are current and appropriate based upon requirements and changes to Federal and State Laws. Work will be performed in a high energy, fast-paced, interrupt-driven work environment. Ability to effectively multi-task and work both successfully independently and as a Team Member. Provides customer service, discretion and professionalism with sensitive matters.
- Serves as the first point of contact in handling Federal, State and Company leave of absences, (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA, ADA), including consultations with Team Members, both verbally and written, upon the need for a requested leave
- Handles intake of leave requests, preparing and sending required notices, forms and letters, evaluating health certification information, determining leave eligibility, conducting interactive process discussions, initiating and managing Team Member Leaves of Absences and Worker's Compensation claims, while ensuring adherence to and compliance with all applicable Federal and State leave requirements
- Ensures accurate status in ADP Workforce Now and Leave Tracking System, including protecting personal information of Team Members
- Support Team Members for all work shifts with information and direction related to their leave of absence, including, but not limited to, short-term or long-term disability benefits
- Coordinates pay, benefits, Return to Work programs and process, Worker's Compensation processes and requirements, and best practices in preventative safety and absence management programs
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete leave records, files, and reporting in accordance with company processes, policies and procedures, as well as any applicable regulatory requirements
- Responsible for tracking all documentation, notifications, correspondence and administration details accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures that appropriate and timely follow-up information is provided to Team Members in response to requests for information
- Prepares reports and help identify trends related to Company leave of absences, Worker’s compensation and ADA activity
- Tracks leave time and time card management, working with Team Members and Managers to ensure proper timekeeping for duration of intermittent or full time leaves according to established procedures
- Works effectively in team environment where collaboration and the knowledge transfer process are critical, interacts with internal and external partners, including Payroll, Safety, Benefits, to ensure timely processing of leave requests
- Contributes to projects and programs related to leave of absences, safety and accommodation management, and/or cross-functional HR initiatives
- Makes recommendations and contributes to continuous improvement opportunities
- Uses sound judgment and independent decision making in handling responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English and Bilingual in Spanish required
- Knowledge of FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA, ADA, and Worker’s Compensation Laws (Federal and State) across multiple states including, but not limited to, California, Kentucky and Pennsylvania
- Requires handling high volumes of leaves in multiple states, including Worker's Compensation
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency as a HR systems user for tracking and administration of LOA, Worker’s Compensation and ADA activity
- Hands-on experience with processing documentation, interactive process discussions, managing records, accurately tracking of leaves
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Requires accepting criticism, dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations, maintaining a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Requires being sensitive to other’s needs/feelings and taking an objective position when gathering facts regarding sensitive situations
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and searches out answers as needed to resolve issues/problems
- Dependability and reliability is a must for this position
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within all levels of organization
- Ability to ensure routine tasks/activities are completed on schedule and meet timelines
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft office software. Ability to create spreadsheets in Excel, Power Points, and Word documents, etc. Experience with HRIS a plus.
- Ability to use fax, copier, computer, and other office-related equipment