Injection Molding Technician
Anaheim Hills, CA | Full Time - Possible Direct Hire
Large Plastics Corporation seeks First and Second shift Injection Molding Technicians. This corporation is a leader in the industry.
- Performs all new tool qualification runs (prototypes and first-run), optimize the process to include robot integration, achieve all product quality requirements, prepares maintenance work orders and supports maintenance in the proper handling and maintenance of all equipment.
- Controls and maintains the machine process to reduce variability, improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment following OSHA, company policy and 5S methodology before, during and after the scheduled shift.
- Installs, cleans, removes and maintains injection mold machines, tooling and secondary equipment, to include but not be limited to barrel, nozzle, robots, EOAT and conveyors as used in the work center set-up.
- May need to change out cores and cavities to setup tools for manufacturing specific item numbers.
- Prepare material for molding in line with the work instruction.
- Work cooperatively with the injection molding team to support schedule attainment.
- Assist in developing molding processes and key process controls to ensure a repeatable process.
- May lead or be an active participant in WCM (Flux) cost improvement teams to support continuous improvement work environment.
- Shall assist the department by providing training to the Mold Set-up Technicians to ensure the injection molding machines are operating safely and to the documented process.
- Recommends equipment, tooling or mold changes or replacements to improve quality and overall efficiency.
- May complete other tasks as directed by the Process Engineer-Injection Molding to include the roles of Mold Setup Technician and Machine Operator.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet scheduled deadlines
- Scientific Injection Mold Certification or Equivalent Training
- Certified and/or Experience in Automation
- Ability to motivate and train others.
- Competent in blue print reading
- Skilled in using hand tools and other inspection tools to qualify the product prior to handing off to the machine operator.
- Competent in reading, writing and arithmetic skills required (high school diploma or equivalent)
- Communication proficiency
- Manual dexterity required to operate and interface with machinery.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
Please fill out our application on-line at https://applyatwork.com. Select Anaheim Hills as the location. Also, please forward me a copy of your resume in Word.