Inside Sales Engineer
60k/year - 110k/year La Palma, CA 90623 | Full Time - Possible Direct Hire
This inside technical sales position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will use your exceptional sales and customer service skills to generate and service new and existing business for scan and testing products and bus analysis tools. This position will work closely with our outside sales team to expand existing business and generate new business, expand sales in accounts, and support the company’s short- and long-term sales objectives and goals. Strong customer service sensibilities and intuition are necessary to quickly and successfully respond to varied or changing customer requirements. You will also use your thorough knowledge of company's products and your ability to interpret and manage customer requirements to provide the right solutions for customers. This position has high visibility with clients during the sales cycle and will require an ability to establish trusting client relationships. You will engage customers at all levels within client organizations and communicate with customers frequently to facilitate and support all phases of the sales process. Observance of and adherence to high levels of ethical standards and good business practices throughout customer engagement is expected and required, as communications with customers may include confidential and/or sensitive information.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Quickly learn and master product knowledge, capabilities and specifications of all company's technical products.
- Quickly respond to customer inquiries regarding software and hardware products.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers.
- Develop new business opportunities in various vertical and geographic markets, by identifying and qualifying sales opportunities.
- Lead and conduct online product demonstrations independently and in conjunction with independent sales representative firms.
- Develop winning proposals and quotations for new contracts and business.
- Provide consultative sales and telephone support to customers, identify customer requirements and successfully recommend product solutions to meet their needs.
- Organize complex and technical information and thoughts to effectively and confidently present products to customers in one-on-one or group settings.
- Write clearly, concisely, and on message to produce proposals and technical correspondence for customers.
- Communicate verbally and knowledgeably to effectively engage customers.
- Prepare pricing and sales reports to product managers and leadership to contribute to overall corporate strategic sales goals, including use of bench-marking to accurately gauge market levels.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging that communicates value of company products to customer.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies that incorporate products as part of customer requirements solutions.
- Technically conversant with customer and key personnel about requirements, solutions, and products.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 3-5 years of demonstrated technical sales success and proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.
- Strong customer management skills and a proven track record in developing and maintaining successful and revenue-generating relationships with businesses.
- United States Citizenship required for this position.