Inventory Planner/ Material Planner
Commerce, CA Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Summary: This position will be responsible for analyzing inventory levels and inventory requirements, coordinating all material planning efforts with multiple departments, and for the purchase of products in accordance with established company procedures. The Material Planner is responsible for maintaining adequate inventory to fulfill sales requirements while increasing inventory turnover and reducing scrap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Analyze current component inventory and future component inventory against actual sales, forecasted sales plan, and previous product sales trends to identify inventory needs
- Procure all required materials from approved suppliers as required by the inventory analysis.
- Manage purchase orders to demand requirements and communicate changes to suppliers
- Expedite purchase orders as necessary. Identify actual and potential delivery problems and take proactive steps.
- Track progress of parts to ensure time schedules and delivery.
- Analyze and apply MRP reports in ordering parts to ensure appropriate delivery dates
- Plan assembly schedule to convert component inventory into finished products in accordance with actual and forecasted sales
- Plan work orders for product lines within capacity schedule
- Monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Works with master scheduler to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders.
- Analyze supply chain procedures and establish strategies to improve short and long term accuracy, efficiency, and cost
- Verify data accuracy (part numbers, BOMs, part costs) in MRP and resolve discrepancies
- Identify problem areas with the supply chain, research root causes, and offer possible solutions
- Create and analyze reports, graphs and charts for various logistical related functions
- Create and implement improvement plans to reduce inventory and non-value added work
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest materials and procurement concepts
- Complete special assignments for the department as directed by the Manager
- Required Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Superior Attention to Detail
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Data Analysis Ability
- Must be able to manage time, work independently, solve problems, function well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous work experience in Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Accounting, Payroll or Bookkeeping is a plus
- Hours of operation are from 8am- 4:30pm (30 minutes lunch)
- Some Overtime and Some Saturdays required
- Inventory Clerk (95% in office , 5% warehouse inventory)