Inventory Control Specialist
27440 Hoover Rd Warren, MI 48093 Sterling Heights, MI 48314 | Full Time
Job Title: Inventory Specialist
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Shift: 7am-3pm Monday thru Friday
Type: Permanent/Contract to Hire
Compensation: 16.00 per hour
The Cycle Counter is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory. Duties also include miscellaneous stores/stockroom activities to maintain inventory accuracy through proper processing of material receipts, transfers, and issues.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Cycle count raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods, and non-conforming materials on a daily basis.
- Utilize QAD to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Ensure materials are in proper locations. Conducts searches in order to locate misclassified inventory
- Open cartons, bundles, and other containers to count items and/or weigh materials to determine quantity on hand. Weigh and mark product displaying remaining product left
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to supervision - publish weekly and quarterly inventory metrics
- Communicate and develop process enhancements as needed (performs root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and recommends process improvements to eliminate them)
- Assist in receiving and put away process for new raw parts and packaging.
- Assist in transfers to and from production area.
- Breakdown boxes and pallets as necessary to fit shelving.
- Ability to travel to other local plants to perform duties.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly warehouse appearance.
- Ability to work extended hours/over-time as needed as well as some Saturdays.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
- Conform to all quality and safety procedures.
- Perform all inventory aspects including cycle counts
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required; one year of factory related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail with ability to produce accurate results, effective prioritization to meet scheduled deadlines, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and work overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working and vendor relationships
- Excellent work ethic; ability to work self-directed and as a flexible team player
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent the company with integrity
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Comfortable using a PC with computer software packages, including Microsoft Office and communicating effectively via email and phone frequently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb and move about the facility
- Regularly utilizes depth perception, peripheral vision and close focus
- Regularly operates a computer, computer accessories and phone equipment
- Required to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, reaches and carries
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
For immediate consideration, please call (586)204-2136.