Lab Tech Needed - $18-$20 - HPLC, GC - Analytical Thinker - Degree Needed
Vista, CA 92081 | Full Time
Are you analytical and love math? Do you have knowledge of HPLC & GC?
Apply now! $18-$20 Call Sharon 442-287-0300
Looking for an individual familiar with standard equipment (FT-IR, UV/VIS spectrophotometer, dissolution and disintegration apparatus, HPLC GC, etc.) as well as standard techniques (liquid and gas chromatography) to carry out routine testing.
- Advanced analytical and math skills, statistical programming knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot HPLC and GC and perform "root cause " Familiar with Waters 'alliance series' HPLC-using 'empower' programming and Agilent model #7890 GC and Schott Auto-Titrator preferred
- Monday to Friday schedule
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Performs routine physical and analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods under direct supervision of QC supervisor. Assists in microbial testing of raw materials and finished products as needed. Uses standard laboratory instrumentation and has knowledge of standard laboratory techniques to perform analyses. Responsible for the adequate supply of chemical reagents and supplies. Responsible for good laboratory documentation and procedure adherence. Able to operate instruments such as: HPLC, GC, FT-IR, analytical balance, pH meter, etc.
- Performs routine physical and analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods using standard equipment and techniques under supervision and cross-check of laboratory supervisor. Assists in microbial testing as needed.
- Familiar with standard equipment (FT-IR, UVNIS spectrophotometer, disintegration apparatus, pH meter, HPLC, GC, etc.) as well as standard techniques (liquid and gas chromatography) to carry out routine
- Responsible for procedural adherence and good documentation of all laboratory operations in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (ALCOA-attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original, and accurate).
- Responsible for maintaining adequate chemical reagents/supplies and performing periodic inventory of all lab chemicals.
- Responsible for logging in chemical reagents/supplies.
- Responsible for logging in samples to be tested by the
- Performs routine laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Performs various duties such as filing, labeling, cleaning, etc. as requested by the laboratory
- Ensures that all safety regulations are strictly followed at all
- Maintains a clean and orderly
- Supports all QC activities including assisting microbiologists and chemists as
- Knowledge of concepts associated with
- Proficient in math, general laboratory techniques, and microbial
- Computer literate, including knowledge of standard software packages such as Word and
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and meet strict
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend routine
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good at problem-solving and ability to think
- High level of accuracy and attention to
- Works well with others to provide a good team
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product
- Ability to safely handle laboratory hazardous
Required knowledge and skills:
- Associate degree in science related
- Experience Preferred: 1+ year of laboratory work in a cGMP