Loan and Sales Associate
Laredo, TX 78041 | Temp-Hire
Schedule: Approximately 40 hours from general store hours of operation, 7 days week, Mon-Sat 8 AM through 9:30 PM and Sunday 10 AM through 7PM. Schedule varies day to day and week to week, includes morning, daytime, evening, and split shifts.
Pay Range: $9.00/hour to $9.50/hour plus 3% monthly bonus on net sales, plus qualify for $1000.00 hiring bonus on completion of 3 months and pawn license approval (to be paid out monthly over a period following), with other bonus and promotion opportunities for exceptional performance.
Experience desired: Retail customer facing sales and service in jewelry, electronics, firearms, tools
- Sales Skills and Customer Service, selling, upselling, and cross selling
- Administrative paperwork and filing, including state and federal regulatory requirements
- Money handling
- Cash register duties for management opportunities
- Research and value evaluations of items presented for pawn
- Basic keyboard skills
- English AND Spanish speaker, proficient to not only sell and take payments on loans, but also to be able to fully and coherently explain loan policy and valuations to a customer speaking one or the other language exclusively.
- Arrest and criminal record able to pass a background check to get approved for a pawn license by the Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner (OCCC).
A Screening test is required on all candidates prior to a completed clients application, 3 tests approx. 40 minutes in length together.