Alburtis, PA 18011 | Full Time Temp to Hire
The Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Manager or designee and is responsible for dismantling, repairing, relocating, modifying, maintaining, aligning, overhauling and installing fixed & semi-fixed pharmaceutical production machinery, equipment and systems. Direct knowledge in blister equipment, capping and filling machines. Cartoning equipment and vision systems is a plus.
- Facilitates line set-ups, disassembly and movement of machinery.
- Observes, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction and making necessary repairs or modifications.
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment.
- Fabricates replacement parts.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Welds to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Enters codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Use of pneumatics.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces electrical wiring and components of machinery
- Experience repairing packaging machinery (i.e. Shanklin, Videojet, Tape Machine, Pallet Wrappers, Conveyors).
- Responsible for making repairs in an acceptable amount of time to limit the down-time of the production
- Other duties as assigned
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required, for a period of 8-12 hours per day, stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, controls, or tools.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus