Machine Operator - 4 day work-week - Great Benefits!
Asheville, NC 28804 | Temp to Hire Possible
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity!
A local partner needs a full time/40hrs per week Tape Laying Machine Operator. Work a four-day work week: Monday -Thursday, 2pm-12:30am. Three-day weekends!
The primary responsibilities of the Tape Laying Machine Operator are to operate a variety of magnetic tape on overlay laying machines in the production process. These machines can include the roll to roll and roll to sheet mechanisms, various models and manufactures of machines. Responsibilities are primarily general machine operation, basic troubleshooting, department operations, and daily departmental duties. This position is best fitted for operators wanting to learn new operations, multi-tasks, and build within their position. Advancement opportunities for the self driven candidate. Overtime required on an as needed basis.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer and mechanical abilities required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate.