Machine Operator - various shifts
Sets up, operates, and tends to machines.
Ensures product remains within company specifications by following batch sheets, formulas and setup procedures. Ensures product remains within safety guidelines and product specifications. Operates equipment to meet production requirements. Measures and records data. Operates equipment in a safe manner to meet production requirements and to minimize waste and maximize productivity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews daily schedule with supervisors/leads.
- Obtains batch sheets/formula sheets and process check sheets from Supervisor.
- Obtains ingredients/labels/materials per batchsheet/formula specifications.
- Verifies that all obtained materials/ingredients match items listed on batch sheet.
- Inspects the appropriate production equipment for cleanliness, allergen issues and foreign objects and material.
- Completes machinery setup/shutdown process for specific operation of equipment to the batch sheet.
- Monitors equipment throughout production run to ensure operation is within process parameters.
- Performs and maintain quality inspections and checks.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with co-workers.
- Performs daily housekeeping chores.
- Maintains a clean, dry and safe working environment by consistently adhering to good housekeeping practices.
- Works safely and performs daily safety checks on all equipment.
- Performs calculations for partial formulas, ingredient and materials usage and waste
- Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and employee safety issues.
- Rotates into Packer position to perform Packer duties as business/operational needs dictate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.