● Set up, operate and maintain foam head area equipment
● Maintain and prepare head parts for production runs
● Maintain mix heads and injectors throughout the day as necessary
● Inspect nip roll for cleanliness and position.
● Inspect and maintain proper chemical laydowns. Monitor reaction times, stream temperatures
and pressures, facer alignment and temperatures, laminator temperatures, line speed, chemical
pressures and running wet density.
● Adjust operating parameters as necessary with the use of operator run logs and QC test results
to obtain specification core densities and product thickness.
● Set up, operate and troubleshoot the side trim saws, perforator, crosscut saw, gang saw, ring
wrapper and mold release systems, including changeout of bulk totes.
● Operate and troubleshoot dust collection equipment
● Communicate product attributes and aesthetic properties to foam head operators, and monitor
● Verify accuracy of productivity and counts (finished goods and scrap)
● Manage line scrap in the area and reclaim good products mixed with scrap material
● Set up, operate and troubleshoot the, gang saw, robots, stack conveyor system, and associated
● Accurately navigate computer screens and software packages. This includes but is not limited to:
robots; crosscut saw; ring wrapper; hooder; RTO; dust collector
● Safely & properly operate the line identifying quality defects and how they relate to final product
specifications and the other operator stations, make accurate and proper adjustments, and
respond quickly and continually to production line issues to minimize scrap production and
● Maintain and document: In-process measurements; scrap data; running line conditions on run
logs; SFIS (to complete scrap data)
Education - High School diploma or GED required
Effective communication and problem solving skills.
Able to read and use measurement gauges such as tape measures, temperature gauges and pressure
Six (6) months prior experience in the manufacturing or construction environment is preferred.
Prior experience operating a forklift is preferred.
This position uses the following minimum equipment in the course of the job duties:
Various hand tools
Air wands/rechargeable blowers