Fort Worth, TX 76106 | Full Time - Possible Direct Hire
AtWork has partnered with a local printing company in Fort Worth, TX, who is currently looking for experienced Maintenance Electricians!! This a great Temp-to-Hire opportunity with conversions to full-time at 90 days!! Once converted, individuals will be eligible for benefits to include, but not limited to: 401k, medical insurance, etc.
Position Summary: Under minimum supervision perform skilled tasks in accordance with standard trade practices in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures. Work also involves performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use work order system to repair and/or install equipment and facility maintenance.
- Complete all assigned work orders in a timely manner
- Complies with established facility policies and procedures, other work instructions, and other regulations (IE:GMP, BRC and HAACP) as applicable.
- Keeps maintenance area and all work and repair areas clean, neat and orderly.
- Works shifts and weekends as needed.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment and discusses machine operation variations with supervisor and other maintenance workers to diagnose problems and/or repair machinery.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus such as transformers and wiring and electrical and electric components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Sets-up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machinery to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to fabricate or join metal parts.
- Specifies parts to be ordered for equipment install and repair.
- Supports an optimized production environment by applying the principles of Lean Manufacturing and 5S
- Participates in special project and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in manufacturing, industrial or commercial maintenance a fully qualified electrician
- HVAC, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical technician verifiable employment and experience
- Requires basic knowledge of computers and operating systems
- Requires ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and write notes and memos. Must possess math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Must demonstrate ability to speak clearly to be understood in one-on-one conversations, hear, and see close vision, distance vision, color acuity, depth perception and focus to recognize product quality variances.
- Requires physical ability to climb stairs, bend, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms, push, pull and use hands and fingers to feel and handle material for extended time frames.
- Must have ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds repeatedly and regularly. Includes the ability to stoop, squat, crawl and kneel as needed.
- Requires strong problem solving skills to assess product output relative to specifications.
- Must have ability to multi-task and to identify and execute process improvements as needed
- Ability to travel in North America
AtWork Search Group
3901 W Vickery Blvd., Ste 5
Fort Worth, TX 76107