Maintenance Mechanic (Electro-Mechanical; Manufacturing)
Louisville, KY 40209 | Direct Hire
Duties require troubleshooting/repairing mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronically controlled production equipment, pumps motors, code daters and high speed packaging equipment. Will perform preventative maintenance on equipment on a specified schedule. Will record, repair and enter preventative maintenance data into a computerized maintenance management system for future troubleshooting use.
Responsibilities/Required Work Methods:
- Supervises contractors engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical/electro-mechanical equipment. Oversees major painting projects; performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings; and maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with contractors and vendors.
- Confers with management, operations, and quality personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Participate in new equipment, negotiation, and selection.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Performs related work as required.
NOTE: This job description is a guide – at all times duties will be determined and assigned by the on duty supervisor as business needs dictate.
Experience and/or Qualifications:
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance as well as strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
Prior and practical hands on experience in printing technology & operations, packaging, fulfillment, or plastic card manufacturing a plus.
AA degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial maintenance a plus.
Must be highly motivated with strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively.
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AS EARLY AS 3AM**