Temecula, CA 92530–92532 | Direct Hire
Summary of Position:
- The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for applying engineering solutions to solve complex problems and to continuously improve key metrics including safety, productivity and cost.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of welding and welder qualifications.
- Work with cross functional teams to implement new products, incremental, derivative and cost reduction projects as well as working with cross functional teams to solve product and field issues.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Create and maintain welding procedures (WPS) and welder performance qualifications (WPQ) to support operations.
- Serve as technical expert for internal and external customers related to inquiries related to governing codes of construction. These include ASME Section IX, B31.3, B31.1, PED.
- Perform analysis to determine design parameters such as minimum pipe wall thickness, nozzle connection details, flange specifications as well as overall structural design of various product lines.
- Conduct simulations via Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on product design to optimize the safety, quality and reliability of design.
- Analyze product quality issues, and implement changes in the manufacturing processes, including design and application of jigs, fixtures and special tooling, for the purpose of improving safety, quality and minimizing cost of poor quality.
- Identify and track ongoing quality issues within the manufacturing process and develop countermeasures to remedy and improve operations.
- Implement Problem Solving techniques to resolve systemic product quality issues; implementing both short and long term solutions.
- Participate in new product development process to support design for manufacturability analysis, critical design reviews, and manufacturing readiness deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance to Operations and other non-Engineering personnel including welders and shop supervisor(s).
- Participate in readiness reviews for new products and assist in the development of specific manufacturing processes, work area designs, and required tooling for various product lines.
Other Responsibilities and Functions:
- Participate in team Kaizen events to continuously improve business metrics, particularly safety, quality, and productivity.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned products/projects in regard to applications, applicable codes, design standards and procedures, manufacturing techniques, etc., in order to provide technical assistance in a professional manner when requested.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe work area.
- Maintain a commitment to teamwork and a positive, supportive attitude to all personnel.
- Support continuous improvement activities (DBS).
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Observes and complies with all safety regulations and company policies.
Education and Experience:
- S. degree in Engineering with focus in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Welding Engineering.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing work environment.
- Prefer experience with Solidworks CAD and ANSYS FEA software.
- Prefer experience in Lean Production and/or DBS manufacturing operations.
- Prior experience in the creation of welding procedure qualifications using ASME Section IX, B31.3, B31.1 or similar is highly preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid engineering problem solving skills with ability to apply engineering principles to real-world design and manufacturing issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to work effectively on day-to-day tasks while making progress on longer term goals
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal communication, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable; able to communicate to all levels of management, customers, vendors, visitors and fellow associates
- Desire and ability to work with people at all levels of the Company from the Production Workers to Development Engineers and Management Staff
- Willingness to spend large amount of time in a production environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability in analytical thinking.
- Ability to present complex or difficult messages clearly and persuasively.
- Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge in use of personal computers, and common business productivity tools such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases, project scheduling tools, etc.
Apply Online and call our Temecula office to schedule an interview.
Please apply directly to AtWork Personnel Services at https://system.atwork.com/OnLineApp/ and upload your resume.
For more information please contact Yesenia Chaidez at AtWork Personnel Services by phone 951-297-3591 or email@example.com
Yesenia Chaidez | Recruiter
@ Work Personnel Services