Medical Front Office & Patient Advocate
Laredo, TX | Full Time/Permanent
• Greet and direct incoming visitors and patients in a courteous, respectful and professional manner. Also, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Answer incoming telephone calls, take and deliver messages promptly.
• Document in the computer system all necessary demographic, insurance, and financial information
• Patient advocacy through scheduling appointments and communicating to patients.
• Preparation of the daily appointment schedule, including preparing charts and paperwork for the future appointments.
• Coordinate and manage referrals through the entire episode of care, including insurance verification/authorization, evaluation, delivery and follow-up. Coding, billing, collections a plus.
• Collection of coinsurance and co-pays.
• Act as a central liaison between practitioners, patients and other members of the team regarding patient care.
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation of patient care medical records.
• Resolution of patient complaints or issues, and answer patient’s questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently in a small medical office environment.
• General understanding of a small medical office environment, revenue cycle and the entire episode of care.
• Combine, copy, sort, scan, file documents and other clerical duties.
• Maintain neat and clean reception area at all times.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Work Independently, Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), 1 year experience, Interpersonal Skills, Positive Attitude, Organized, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Teamwork Player, Bilingual a Plus, High School Diploma or GED