Microbiologist Needed - $20-$22/hour - Degree in Microbiology or Biology
Vista, CA 920181 | Full Time
Do you have knowledge of FT-IR , UV/VIS spectrophotometer? We need you!
Apply today! Call Sharon 442-287-0300
Looking for an individual familiar with standard laboratory instrumentation and has knowledge of standard laboratory techniques to perform analyses. Develops, validates documents and writes, primarily, physical testing component identification testing methods.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field preferred
- Able to operate instruments such as: HPLC, GC, Auto Titrator, FT-IR.
- Monday to Friday schedule
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Performs routine microbial testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods under direct supervision of QC supervisor. Familiar with classical and current microbiology techniques. Assists in additional analytical testing of raw materials and finished products as time permits. Uses standard laboratory instrumentation and has knowledge of standard laboratory techniques to perform analyses. Primarily responsible for the adequate supply of micro reagents and supplies. Responsible for good laboratory documentation and procedure adherence. Able to operate instruments such as: HPLC, GC, FT-IR, etc.
- Performs routine microbial testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods using standard equipment and techniques under supervision and cross-check of laboratory
- Develops, validates and writes new testing methods as needed with the approval of the laboratory
- Has a thorough knowledge of standard equipment (FT-IR, UVNIS spectrophotometer, disintegration apparatus, pH meter, HPLC, GC, etc.) as well as standard techniques (liquid and gas chromatography) to carry out routine testing.
- Responsible for procedural adherence and good documentation of all laboratory operations in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (ALCOA-attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original, and accurate).
- Responsible for maintaining adequate micro reagents and
- Performs routine laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Performs various duties such as filing, labeling, cleaning, etc. as requested by the laboratory
- Knowledge of concepts associated with
- Proficient in math, general laboratory techniques, and microbial techniques.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of standard software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and meet strict
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good at problem-solving and ability to think
- High level of accuracy and attention to
- Works well with others to provide a good team
- Ability to safely handle laboratory hazardous
Required knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor's degree of Science in Microbiology, Biology, or related science as a
- Experience Preferred: 2+ years of laboratory work in a cGMP