Molding Engineering Manager
Utica , NY | Direct Hire
The Molding Engineering Manager will provide overall technical leadership and management for the Molding Engineering Group. He or she will apply plastics engineering and principles to the design of tools, manufacturing process development, documentation, and testing for molded parts. Development of responsibilities for this position will include Molding Operations line support activities as well as product / process improvements including cost reductions in the manufacturing process, support new product transfers to manufacturing, including tools transfers, overseeing technology development in accordance with company strategies, facilitate the transfer of manufacturing methods and or technologies within the company and or external business partners, develop and maintain all manufacturing documentation / work instructions. Develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with other sister sites, joint ventures, and OEMs; and ensures all FDA, ISO, GMP, and related regulatory requirements are consistently met in Molding Operations.
• 10 years minimum engineering management experience in a precision/cosmetic injection molding plant (preferably medical products, especially devices).
• Bachelor of Engineering (preferably manufacturing) minimum.
• Technical injection molding, people, and business management skills (see below).
• Self-motivated and ability to motivate and lead others with a positive attitude including leading training programs.
• Detailed understanding of plastic part design, polymer materials, tooling, equipment (preferably including some automation), processing, validations (preferably medical), writing and communication skills.
• A clear understanding of what it takes to injection mold quality parts.
• Proven team player.
• Manage and lead the technical activities of tooling, process, and project engineers for a precision captive molder of 40+ machines.
• Budget, estimate part and tool costs, submit requests for project funding, plan project timelines, manage and support tooling supplier choices, develop and support engineering and manufacturing systems to support a highly technical molding facility, prioritize and drive projects including new product start up and cost reductions, sustaining engineering, cost reduction, responsible for the development, qualification, and validation of plastic processes, support and coordinate with Quality Assurance, execute part change orders, manage technical interface to internal customers, institute technical continuous improvement, and written reports to management.
• Develop plastic parts with R&D for manufacturability, recommend polymer material choices, develop tooling concepts, define, select, and procure plastic manufacturing equipment, oversee the management of a tool maintenance and equipment maintenance.
• Lead training programs and assist in developing technical human resources.
Email us your information to email@example.com