Outside Sales Engineer
60k/year - 110k/year La Palma, CA 90623 | Full Time Direct Hire
This outside technical sales position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will also use your exceptional sales and customer management skills to generate and support new and existing business scan and testing products and bus analysis tools. This position works closely with the internal sales team to develop and nature new accounts, expand existing accounts, and support the company’s long- and short-term sales objectives and goals. Strong customer service sensibilities and intuition are necessary to quickly and successfully respond to varied or changing customer requirements, and you will use your thorough knowledge of products and your ability to translate and manage customer requirements to provide the right solutions for customer needs. You will engage customers at all levels within client organizations and require frequent communication with them, to facilitate and support all phases of the sales process. Observance of and adherence to high levels of ethical standards and good business practices throughout customer engagement is expected and required, as communications with customer may include confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Learn and master product knowledge, capabilities and specifications of all company products.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product support to new and existing customers.
- Develop new business opportunities in various vertical and geographic market, by identifying and qualifying sales opportunities.
- Lead and conduct online product demonstrations independently and in conjunction with independent sales representative firms.
- Provide consultative sales and telephone support to customer, identify customer requirements and successfully recommend product solutions to meet their needs.
- Organize complex and technical information and thoughts to effectively and confidently present technical products to customers in one-on-one or group settings.
- Write clearly, concisely, and on message to produce proposals and technical correspondence for customers.
- Communicate verbally and knowledgeably to effectively engage customers.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to communicate the value of company products to customers.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies that incorporate products as part of customer requirements solutions.
- Technically conversant with customer and key personnel about requirements, solutions, and products.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 3-5 years of demonstrated technical sales success and proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.
- Strong customer service experience and proven track record in developing and maintaining successful and revenue-generating relationships with businesses
- Up to 50% travel
- United States Citizenship required for this position.
BSEE. Ability to work core hours from 8am to 5pm. 3-5 years of demonstrated technical sales success. Knowledgeable in Boundary Scan (JTAG) (IEEE 1149.1) technology. Experience with WEB based presentations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment is essential. A commitment to total customer satisfaction is necessary. United States Citizenship required for this position.