Payroll Accountant LOVE NUMBERS DIRECT HIRE POSITION
La Jolla, (none selected)
CAll Sharon today and start your DIRECT HIRE POSITION NOW!
Do you Love numbers!! This is the job for you!
Awesome company with growth and benefit's is looking for a payroll accountant.
A Venture Capital & Private Equity firm has an immediate need for a Payroll Accountant.
The position is a completely hands-on role and responsible for administering all aspects of payroll.
This position requires a detail oriented, proactive, and team oriented individual.
- Process multi-state payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 250+ US employees via ADP Workforce Now
- Reconcile intern timecards in ADP
- Administer ADP carrier connections with insurance and 401(k) providers
- Work with international payroll providers to prepare payroll for 90+ global employees
- Calculate and prepare manual paychecks as needed
- Handle General Ledger (GL) side of payroll – reconcile all payroll and benefits related accounts, record all payroll journal entries
- Calculate accrued vacation
- Collaborate with Payroll, Accounting, and HR teams
- Assist with Employee Expense Reimbursement processing as needed
- Take part in year-end reporting
- Provide support during Annual Audit
- Special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred if not least all the core class work in accounting has been completed)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ professional experience processing payroll
- Strong knowledge of accounting, payroll principles, and reporting concepts
- Working knowledge of how payroll activity impacts the general ledger
- Prior experience recording complex payroll entries and reconciling payroll accounts in accounting software
- ADP Workforce Now experience required
- Certified Payroll Specialist preferred
- Experience working with multiple entities and global offices utilizing foreign currencies will be helpful
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail required
- Ability to prioritize activities while working on multiple projects to achieve target deadlines
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all employee information
- Professional demeanor, and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient in using Excel, Word, and other Microsoft office programs
- Willingness and ability to learn new programs
- General knowledge of US GAAP principles and the ability to apply these principles to new situations
- Strong knowledge of prepaids, accruals
- Understands debits and credits in journal entries and their impact on the financial statements.
- Strong skills in performing liability account reconciliations.