Payroll Tax Clerk
3215 W. Governor John Sevier Highway Knoxville, TN 37920 | Full Time
Payroll Tax Clerk - Knoxville, TN
AtWork is looking for an experienced Payroll Tax Clerk to join its’ team at the Corporate office in Knoxville, TN. The Payroll Tax Clerk is responsible for assisting the Accounting team with the federal and state tax process for payroll clients in a fast moving, complex payroll environment.
This position will be processing payroll tax payments and filings for multiple FEINs covering multiple states, handling payroll tax questions and research, as well as completing any other tasks necessary for monitoring and overseeing the company's payroll tax process.
- Process federal, state, and local tax deposits on a weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Submit federal, state, and local tax filings on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Prepare and file state and federal tax returns
- Research and resolve state and federal tax notices and issues
- Assist with quarter and year closing tasks
- Assist with daily ACH transactions
- Process state unemployment tax deposits and submit filings as needed
- Reconcile W-2’s to 940/941’s on a quarterly and annual basis
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1-year experience in payroll tax experience preferred
- Strong computer skills and the ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be a team player with positive attitude
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Works in a fast-paced office environment.
- Occasional overtime may be necessary.
- This position will be working at our Corporate office located in Knoxville, TN.