Fort Worth, TX 76106 | Full Time - Possible Direct Hire
AtWork has partnered with a local printing company in Fort Worth, TX, who is currently looking for experienced Press Feeders!! This is a great Temp-to-Hire opportunity with conversions to full-time at 90 days! Once converted, individuals will be eligible for benefits to include, but not limited to: 401k, medical insurance, etc.
Position Summary: Under general supervision, has daily responsibility for make-ready, operation and maintenance of multicolor printing press(es). Maintains and assists in press make ready, operations, wash-up and general machine maintenance. Serves as back-up operator on limited basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes the Pressman’s instructions for every printing job
- Inspects paper quality and verifies quantity for production requirements
- Verifies job specifications against the front of the job docket.
- Assists with maintaining equipment for optimal operation, including preventative and scheduled maintenance.
- Assists in the pre-flight of future jobs on schedule as well as anything required by 1st Pressman during the Make Ready process for each job.
- May bend and hang plates, as needed.
- Completes required documentation in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Supports the Press Operator with monitoring job quality, necessary paperwork for run completion and trains the Helper to perform the duties
- Assumes the role of Press Operator when needed due to coverage or production needs.
- Able to accurately identify defect identification for print runs.
- Looks for accurate copy throughout the press run.
- Ensures materials, such as ink, fountain solution, spray powder and other supplies are maintained and available throughout print production and communicates need or concern to all crew members
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED and one to five years of related lithographic press experience or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The minimal language skills are ability to read and comprehend relatively complex instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one with associates, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to read and understand the job specifications
- Must take responsibility and ownership for their own performance and accept challenging goals.
- The minimal math ability is addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but straightforward written and oral instructions.
- Must have basic computer and press operating systems knowledge.
- Must be able to trouble shoot variables that may be incurred on a daily basis, in regards to work flow, quality and maintenance. Must understand when to involve Pressroom Manager in the problem solving process.
- Must be certified Pallet Jack operator.
- The physical demands require standing for 8 to 12 hours, using hands to finger, feel and touch; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. Occasionally employee is required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to pass color vision test.
- Hearing protection is required, as the noise level around the presses is very loud.
AtWork Search Group
3901 W Vickery Blvd, Ste 5
Fort Worth, TX 76107