Altamonte Springs , FL | Full Time
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS, AND TEAM:
At Florida Hospital, our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees.
The Procurement Analyst negotiates pricing with vendors within organizational guidelines and conducts analysis to determine best course of action. Works closely with departments and associated vendors to resolve issues that may impact patient care. Purchases supplies, equipment, and services for campuses and facilities. Performs his/her assigned tasks in a manner that is supportive and aligned with clinical and financial strategies and objectives, and ensures contract compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of supply chain logistics.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to navigate computerized data systems online, i.e. VendorMate, Premier, Adventist Health Systems SharePoint website (ARC), Materials Management Information System (MMIS), etc.
• Ability to multitask priorities while meeting project deadlines.
• Ability to complete analysis and determine best course of action.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Knowledge of hospital products for specific service lines i.e. Operating Room (OR), Cath Lab, Surgery, etc.
• Ability to accept responsibility and accountability for his/her actions.
• Knowledge of healthcare industry operations.
• General knowledge of maintenance terminology.
• General accounting knowledge.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Minimum of three years supply chain experience, OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, healthcare or related field.
• 3 years’ customer service experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Healthcare purchasing experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior and core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
• Manages work flow and relationships with team members, customers, and vendors in a positive and professional manner. Engages major assigned departments by fostering good communication with department contacts on an ongoing basis. Utilizes knowledge of the needs and requirements of departments, and the services they provide, to provide Asset Management assistance in procuring the most effective products and/or services, while meeting contractual requirements and financial goals.
• Reviews and negotiates quotes submitted by vendors to ensure prices for labor and parts fall within the range according to the work performed and within organizational guidelines. Ensures that vendors submit all required documentation in a timely manner. Ensures invoices are accurate and billed in accordance with negotiated rates for parts and labor. Pays invoices within terms. Works closely with departments and vendors to resolve invoicing issues in accordance with department guidelines.
• Reviews work queue and places orders accordingly by the end of the day. Identifies opportunities for workflow automation, i.e. places vendors on the electronic data interchange (EDI). The Analyst follows up to ensure orders have been transmitted accurately and on a timely basis according to requisition priority.
• Uses knowledge, skills and judgement to make prompt, sound, and work-related decisions as to whether products should be sourced through OEM or third party vendors, per department guidelines. Ensures tasks are completed in a manner bringing value to its customers and vendors.
• Is proactive in performance of duties and responsibilities to prevent errors or problems from re-occurring. Educates departments and vendors on Asset Management requirements to reduce sourcing and invoicing issues.
• Consistently meets department performance standards and is flexible in covering and helping other analysts as needed to meet department goals.
• Reviews and evaluates equipment repair history and performs cost analysis to determine if repairs are cost effective. Approves repairs or recommends equipment replacement within guidelines. Notifies department when equipment has reached end of life status and of final repair coverage, and encourages department to budget for replacement.
• Acts as a liaison between Procurement Manager and Contract Analysts to ensure that the company does not incur charges for items covered under a service agreement. Ensures any repairs performed outside of contract coverage are billed at the negotiated rates according to Adventist Health System or GPO agreements.
• Performs other duties and assignments as necessary.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job.