Production Qaulity Inspector 2nd Shift
Allentown, PA 18106 | Full Time/Permanent
The Quality Inspector position is responsible for ensuring the adherence to food safety policies and product specifications. The position is responsible for monitoring product conformance as it is being produced. The Quality Inspector will ensure that all food safety and conformance requirements are met. The position will also be responsible for assisting the Line Lead with production documentation, pre-shift set up and post-shift clean up. Hours are 2nd shift: 4pm to 1am with some weekends during busy season. Training will be on 1st shift from 730am
- Perform weight and dimension checks.
- Verify the composition of the product and ensure conformance to standards.
- Conduct visual and sensory assessments on products.
- Communicate quality conformance issues to the line lead and processing staff.
- Perform metal detector checks and foreign material checks.
- Create and print all product labels, verify packaging and code date information.
- Monitor adherence to GMPs
- Complete production paperwork as assigned by the line lead.
- Clean machinery and work area daily as well as oversee allergen cleans.
- Additional duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Must have a thorough understanding of English and the ability to utilize English in both verbal and written forms. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Basic understanding of math, ability to complete addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems.
- Ability to lift 30lbs and stand for 95% of work day.
- High school diploma or GED is desired.