Quality Control Chemist - $20-$22/Hour Perm Position - Degree Needed
Vista, CA 92081 | Full Time
Are you the best chemist in Vista? Do you excel with HPLC and GC?
Apply today! Contact Sharon - 442-287-0300
Looking for an individual familiar with standard laboratory instrumentation and has knowledge of standard laboratory techniques to perform analyses. Develops, validates documents and writes, primarily, physical testing component identification testing methods.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field preferred
- Able to operate instruments such as: HPLC, GC, Auto Titrator, FT-IR.
- Monday to Friday schedule - 7:30am-4:00pm
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Performs routine analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods under direct supervision of QC supervisor. Assists in microbial testing ofraw materials and finished products as needed. Uses standard laboratory instrumentation and has knowledge of standard laboratory techniques to perform analyses. Responsible for the adequate supply of chemical reagents and supplies. Responsible for good laboratory documentation and procedure adherence. Able to operate instruments such as: HPLC, GC, FT-IR, etc.
- Performs routine analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods using standard equipment and techniques under supervision and cross-check of laboratory
- Develops, validates and writes new testing methods as needed with the approval of the laboratory
- Has a thorough knowledge of standard equipment (FT-IR, UVNIS spectrophotometer, disintegration apparatus, pH meter, HPLC, GC, etc.) as well as standard techniques (liquid and gas chromatography) to carry out routine testing.
- Responsible for procedural adherence and good documentation of all laboratory operations in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (ALCOA-attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original, and accurate).
- Responsible for maintaining adequate chemical reagents/supplies and performing periodic inventory of all lab chemicals.
- Performs routine laboratory equipment calibration and
- Performs various duties such as filing, labeling, cleaning, etc. as requested by the laboratory
- Ensures that all safety regulations are strictly followed at all
- Maintains a clean and orderly l 0. Supports all QC activities.
- Knowledge of concepts associated with
- Proficient in the use of key analytical equipment such as the HPLC, IR,
- Proficient in math, general laboratory techniques, and microbial techniques.
- Computer literate, including knowledge of standard software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and meet strict
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend routine
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good at problem-solving and ability to think
- High level of accuracy and attention to
- Works well with others to provide a good team
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product
- Ability to safely handle laboratory hazardous
Required knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor's degree of Science in
- Experience Preferred: 2+ years of laboratory work in a cGMP