Sterling Heights, MI 48310 | Direct Hire
The Quality Engineer (Six Sigma) position is in the Quality Department, reporting to the Plant Manager or designate. The Quality Engineer assures that all quality requirements of the department for Production, APQP and PPAP are completed. The Quality Engineer helps drive and ensure that all quality metrics are on target and used for continual improvement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* EH&S – Follows and adheres to all company policies.
* Wears PPE as required which at a minimum is safety glasses, earplugs and gloves as required.
* Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
* Where appropriate, use safety equipment as required.
* Maintain equipment in good condition with all installed safety guards in place.
* Report all injuries, no matter how minor, to their manager.
* Encourage co workers to work safely.
* Report unsafe acts, work practices, and conditions to their manager.
* Use safety processes in all work and according to AGS Health & Safety, Environmental and Housekeeping Policies.
* IATF16949 – Internal Auditor/Management Representative
* Support and adhere to IATF16949 Operating System procedures and requirements.
* Conduct Layered Audits per schedule / Follow up on Nonconformance’s in a timely fashion.
* Responsible for initiating and responding to Customer Concerns and assigning and aiding Champions for timely resolution of corrective actions.
* Responsible for initiating and responding to Internal and Supplier Concerns and assigning and aiding Champions for timely resolution of corrective actions.
* QMS – Recommend and implement improvements as assigned.
* Responsible for the disposition of RMA’s.
* Daily Customer checks/ NCT- PR/R.
* Responsible to submit supporting data for monthly Ops review for COPQ, External PPM, Internal PPM, LPA results or other charts as needed.
* Responsible Continuous improvement for scrap/ Rework/PPM/EBSC/Bid List/Cost of Quality improvement goals
* Support and adhere to BIQS Operating System procedures and requirements.
* Initiate Quality Alerts and containment sheets.
* Customer and supplier Interface.
* Responsible for APQP and PPAP for the Sterling North Facility.
* Set up sort and manage containment activities at Customer, supplier, internally or where applicable.
* Update Quality information boards.
* Assist with certification and calibration on all applicable tools.
* Review assembly scrap to address any necessary issues.
* Assuring that flow of nonconforming material does not accumulate and is dispositioned and returned to the proper parties.
* Other tasks, as assigned by the Plant Manager or designate.
* Develop procedures, training aids, work instructions, and other documents necessary to support the organization.
* Control of documents
* Support production schedules and efficiencies.
* Identify, recommend and implement changes to assist production in planning, reducing scrap and cost.
* Assist with training general laborers in quality procedures and functions.
* Attend production startup meeting and communicate issues to team.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Quality or related field is preferred.
* 3 years of experience in automotive quality. Internship or coop experience will be considered if applicable.
* Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Project)
* Experience in core Quality Tools considered a plus. (SPC, MSA, PFMEA, PFD, CP)
* Six Sigma Green Belt considered a plus. Willingness to obtain Black Belt Six Sigma.
* Minitab experience considered a plus.