Quality Inspector Level II
Hollywood, FL 33027
Quality Inspector Level 2
Job Title: Quality Inspector
2nd Shift (02:30 pm – 11:00 pm)
The Quality and Business Improvement Leader reports to the Quality and Engineering Director and
functionally to the General Manager of PTI. The position requires interaction with the shop to
determine and resolve quality related issues and manage continuous improvement plan of the
company. This position requires exercising independent judgment and a wide degree of creativity and
- Drive Quality Product Team to ensure all products, raw materials, processes and services meet high quality standards
- Drive QA System Team to design and develop quality documentation, i.e. procedures, work
- instructions, inspection and sampling plans, as needed or requested
- Review with the Leadership Staff all non-conformities (NCRs) for determining root cause,
- creating corrective actions, providing customer follow up and close NCRs within an acceptable timeframe
- Establish management and measurement systems to identify areas of business performance
- gaps. Plan improvement activities to close the gaps
- Lead cross-functional teams through Lean / DMAIC, Continuous and Process Improvement efforts
- Provide organization development through training, teaching, coaching, mentoring of Leaders and employees
- Report Quality and Continuous Improvement metrics and trends routinely to the Leadership team
- Regularly perform benchmark analysis with Parent Companies and recommend strategies to
- improve productivity, improve quality or reduce costs
More specifically on the Quality Management side:
- The individual must be able to develop Key Performance Indicators, KPIs, for Quality,
- and On Time Delivery monitoring, continuous process development, and Cost of Poor
- Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce
- internal and external failure costs.
- Optimize process capability on significant characteristics through effective application of
- statistical analysis techniques and training of shop personnel in problem-solving and
- continuous improvement. Provide expert analysis, guidance and support in Process
- Work effectively with engineering and manufacturing teams to eliminate any barriers
- that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components and apply knowledge of
- inspection equipment and techniques to provide timely data usable for informed
- Assist plant based Quality Assurance and Product Engineering in developing incoming
- inspection documents, and modify existing component specifications for the purpose of
- improving processes and products, ultimately driving supplier actions to verify
- component and process quality at the Supplier’s location to reduce/eliminate the need
- for incoming inspection activities.
- Bachelors of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline).
- Masters of Science (Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline) is preferred.
- ASQ certifications preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in management position.
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Manufacturing/Repair Improvement and with Quality related project
- Strong experience in aerospace manufacturing or aerospace repair environment
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred.
- Must be open to travel as needed
- Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component
- measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills required with thorough
- working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans,
- Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Hands-on approach to troubleshoot and resolve quality related issues
- Detail and Quality focused with strong organization, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel Macro
- Experience working in FAA/EASA Organization – knowledge of Airworthiness Regulations
- Experience in coaching LEAN Projects and six sigma events
- Holds Black Belt certification or equivalent and demonstrated success in leading change and transformation efforts
- Implementation experience with SPC and process capability
- Ability to integrate business and financial objectives into decision making
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
- an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
- accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- essential functions.