Hollywood, FL 33027
Repair Technician Level 1
(Aircraft Parts Technician)
2ND Shift (02:30 pm – 11:00 pm)
Our Client in Miramar is looking to hire a Repair Technician for their second shift. This could be your opportunity to join the exciting aviation industry in a fast- paced, challenging rewarding environment.
Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration tasks as directed and assigned in accordance with the applicable maintenance data to meet specific customer requirements and return components to airworthiness. Understand and follow PTI policies and procedures.
Level I: Include the following as applicable to the department:
- Ensure that flight safety is our permanent essential concern.
- Maintain communication with the Production Leaders.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Follow the work instructions and regulations.
- Participate in team EHS, quality, lean audits and meetings.
- Participate in flow walk presentations.
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Carry out the assigned tasks, in accordance with the applicable standard practice manual (SPM).
- Ensure maintenance operations are performed in the appropriate sequence, that inspections are requested in an orderly and timely manner and that maintenance activities are performed according to the appropriate maintenance data and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all test equipment or tools used to make airworthiness determinations are labeled and calibrated in accordance with SPM before use.
- Complete the appropriate paperwork.
- Work under the supervision of a holder of a mechanic or repairman certificate with authorization to perform the work being supervised (Production Leader).
- Blend, polish, and/or mask aircraft parts using basic hand tools and/or air operated machinery.
- Inspect and measure dimensions utilizing standard tools to include but not limited to calipers, micrometers, and depth gauges to verify conformance to specifications.
- Disassemble hardware from incoming parts to prepare for incoming inspection.
- Operate abrasive blast equipment and all associated tasks.
- FBC: Perform light repairs on all engine models in the FBC product line.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand. The employee is regularly required to use full range of motion of their upper and lower extremities. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.