Route Driver - Sales
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Load and inspect product; drives company vehicle over established route to deliver and sell products or render services; collect money from customers and make necessary changes.
- Travel assigned geographical route to deliver and pick up company products.
- Ensure vehicle is functioning properly and that the vehicle’s refrigeration unit is operating within mandated temperature range before driving the route.
- Organize manifest orders utilizing SeaTouch software.
- Follow proper loading procedures.
- Inspect customers’ products prior to shipment for quality, paying particular attention to customer product(s) specification, and any special request(s).
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers.
- Pick up blue bins (Company property) daily from customers.
- Learn the customer’s business needs. Collect customer information and document changes as needed.
- Inform Dispatcher (Dispatching Coordinator) of any service or product complaints from the field so that issues can be quickly resolved.
- Ensure that all invoices are signed; collect cash/checks from customers if directed. Record all transaction on route sheet.
- Picks up products from customer when directed by dispatcher or buyer. Issues receipt or obtains customer signature for pickup or delivery.
- Follow return product procedures; check temperature of product upon return with temperature gauge; return product in designated areas.
- Should there be extra product for the route, present customer with opportunity to purchase.
- Inform customer of new products or services.
- Deliver sales promotional materials (i.e., posters) to customers as directed by Sales and/or Dispatcher.
- Perform EOD (End of Day) cleaning on company vehicle, and equipment, based on company HACCP and/or SSOP guidelines.
- Perform routine maintenance and upkeep on company vehicles (i.e., check oil, battery, tires, etc.). Inform Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor of any items needing further attention.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; or minimum of one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, work orders, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate issues, concerns and problems of customers in writing and verbally. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Familiarity with the metric system required. Ability to use weight scales and read thermometers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possess current driver’s license, with a driving record acceptable to Company's insurance company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to operate a Company vehicle; to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
***The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other duties, as assigned by appropriate Supervisor(s)/Manager(s).