Senior Shipping & Receiving Clerk Mon-Fri OFF by 2:30!
Vista, CA | Full Time
Senior Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Mon-Fri OFF by 2:30!
EMAIL RESUME TO KROBINSON@ATWORK.COM AND CALL KATIE AT 442-287-0300
Seeking Senior Shipping and Receiving Clerk to handle inventory control functions including the administrative duties for all incoming and outgoing shipments. It requires coordination with Purchasing, Manufacturing, Division Managers, R&D, Sales and Marketing Departments. It also requires direct communication to end customer (internal and external) regarding their orders and shipments.
- Compare and confirm parts and Quantity received against the Purchase Order, Bill of Landing and the Packing Slip for Accuracy.
- Stock parts in assigned warehouse bin locations.
- Process parts order requests received from the various service centers and prepares parts to be shipped utilizing the most cost effective transportation carrier.
- Contact freight carriers to get quotes for LTL and TL shipments and utilize the most cost effective transportation carrier. Create Bill of Landing invoices for parts and machine shipments.
- Load and unload palletized parts shipments using a forklift.
- Sort repair parts and coordinate the shipping and receiving of these parts to and from the vendors for repair.
- Keep records of items transferred to Manufacturing and Field Operations.
- Process Work Order request to Manufacturing for in-house parts and machine assemblies.
- Responsible for training new Shipping and Receiving Associates to fill orders and stick parts.
- Keep Shipping and Receiving area safe, clean and orderly, and ensure proper stock of shipping material on hand by organizing the parts room and maintaining accurate bin locations.
- Contribute to team effort and able to work and communicate with diverse backgrounds.
- May be required to work overtime as necessary and such time will be scheduled as far in advances as possible.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in shipping and receiving environment and familiarity with UPS, FEDEX or other freight carrier companies preferred.
- Candidate must have basic hands-on knowledge of computers and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrated aptitude for handling internal/external customer’s requests and inquires effectively.