Shipping Clerk - North Asheville Manufacturer
Asheville, NC 28804 | TEMP TO HIRE
Living Wage Certified Manufacturing Company in North Asheville seeking Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Must have clean DOT record, some driving will be involved.
$11/HR - First 90 days
$12.50/HR increase - Once hired permanently
Monday - Friday 10am - 6:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine contents and compare with orders, to verify accuracy of outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Requisition and storage of shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Pack, take pictures, seal, label, and affix documents to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and UPS/FedEx shipping labels.
- Will be required to do any and all task deemed necessary by his\her Supervisor for the safe and efficient operation of the company.
- Must or be willing to obtain fork truck license.
- Able to work 10:00-6:30 (work schedule subject to change).
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and coordinate work with Shipping and other departments, vendors, and plant personnel.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Willing to work nights, weekends and Holidays when required.