Detroit, MI 48217 | Contract to Hire
Job Title: Shipping Coordinator
Shift: Monday thru Saturday 6am-6pm
Compensation: 15-16 per hour. Lots of overtime available.
To maintain 100% accuracy to all customer shipments and vendor receipts. Ensure activities on dock are prioritized based on expectations. Load and unload trucks, purchase parts
Responsibilities and Duties
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Processes inbound and outbound EDI, including errors and customer accums.
- Inputs manual Customer orders into QAD.
- Creates and verifies customer ship schedules, distributes as needed to internal and external teams.
- Load and Unload Material for customer as needed
- Complete all company purchases to ensure accurate supply levels
Shipping & Receiving :
- Sends accurate and timely ASNs.
- Schedules Customer shipments based on Customer directives and distributes as needed to internal and external teams.
- Creates line up sheets for Customer shipments.
- Creates accurate shipment paperwork necessary for Customers and AGS locations.
- Others as needed
- Creates labels for shipments per Customer
- Monitors truck log to ensure compliance with Environmental Policy.
- Coordinates with other shipping representatives to ensure timely call in of trucks.
- Verifies receipt or non-receipt of material when there is a dispute between the Customer and Supplier.
- Maintains seal control per Customer and AGS requirements.
- Troubleshoots and correct errors on shippers/invoices to ensure the inventory and billing are correct.
- Creates and processes RMA’s.
- Updates and maintains daily reports from QAD and distributes as needed.
- Monitors and maintain warehouse organization
- Performs cycle counts as scheduled.
- Supports Management with inventory control
- Performs layered audits.
- Additional tasks as required by Management.
- Grade 12
- One-year experience as Shipping Clerk
- Experience in Microsoft Excel