Shipping/Receiving Hilo Driver
Sterling Heights, MI 48314 | Full Time
Title: Shipping/Receiving Hi-lo Driver (Must have shipping/receiving experience.
Shift: 2nd : 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Forklift Operators will be required to use standard diesel of propane powered forklifts or telescopic forklifts primarily assigned to unload materials and supplies necessary for the plant operation; move palletized bagged materials from a conveyor line to the storage yard; load both flatbed and box trucks for shipping using either portable loading ramps or operating off the ground.
- Work safely and responsibly and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Perform daily equipment checks and minor service maintenance
- Moving palletized materials throughout the storage facility
- Installs and re-supplies as necessary rolls of bagging film, rolls of stretch wrap, top sheet, pallets, bottom sheet, labels, and other consumables as needed.
- Follow shipping instructions and load trucks with proper materials to complete orders
- Move & stack pallets in the correct storage areas
- Lift and carry boards between pallets while stacking
- Align pallet stacks vertically and safely
- Ensure bags are not damaged during pallet handling
- Examine bag products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Perform work according to accepted procedures and practices
- Change out propane tanks or fill with diesel fuel depending on the type of forklift
- Keep accurate records of production data
- Communicate all concerns affecting safety, quality, productivity and the work environment to the Supervisor
- Other work as required and assigned
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have forklift experience
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and coworkers; promote a safe workplace
- Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes and safety glasses
- Must be able to speak, comprehend, and read English
- Must be able to work safely in varying temperatures in production/warehouse workplace and outside year round
- Must be able to lift and carry 20-25 pounds regularly
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
Must have a valid Hi-lo license
Must be able to pass a background/drug screen