Sr. Construction Project Engineer
Sacramento, CA | Full Time
AtWork Staffing Group is seeking an experienced Sr. Construction Project Engineer for our client in the Sacramento region. Ideal candidate should be motivated to a career in Construction Management and is following the career path of a Project Manager. Open to candidates that come from a design background, but are certain that they want to do the building instead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the standard set of contract templates in concert with Legal Team. Extract lessons learned from Project Teams and ensure contracts are continuously improved to ensure best practices are maintained.
- Assist Project Managers in drafting and issuing RFP's for quotation/bid. Work with Legal to develop RFP standards that align with contract templates.
- Draft Purchase Requisitions, Prime Contracts, and Change Orders for Project Manager review and approval based upon project scope, schedule, and budget requirements, to ensure scope of work, compensation, and time are accurately represented in the contract. Negotiate revisions and ensure all contract terms are maintained per company policy. Administer contracts to ensure all aspects of contract compliance are received and managed.
- Be the resident expert in Primavera Unifier Project Controls system, and assist Team Members, and Contractors with use and configuration. Work with Business Operations Manager and Construction VP to develop and maintain dashboards, and ensure that project team reporting rhythm-of-business is maintained.
- Maintain the organization's documentation and archives including shared drives, SharePoint, and Enterprise Project and Portfolio (EPPM) platforms. Ensure that file structures are consistent across projects, and that project teams are populating information correctly (ex. drawings and specs, permits, submittals, etc)
- Preparation of project monthly progress reports for presentations at team and executive session meetings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing project data and trends including closeout. Prepare reporting for Monthly Executive Ops and Board of Directors Meetings.
- Work across the team to document and maintain a standard set of business practices for delivery of RDC Projects to ensure consistency in delivery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project EPPM software and comprehension of critical path schedule development; experience with other program/project management tools such as Prolog, Unifier, Celoxis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications to understand, build, and approve/accept schedules produced by contractors
- Knowledge of construction site safety and OSHA requirements and ability to onboard and work with contractors to reinforce safe practices during project execution
- Familiarity with MEP Construction and knowledge of MEP Construction means and methods
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment and supports teammates cross-functionally within the company (ex. sales, engineering, etc.)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills; flexible and willing to consider others ideas
- Manages stress and/or fast-pace effectively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related educational background
- 3 to 7 years in any General Construction projects required, data center or mission critical experience preferred
- Experience with supervised contract drafting and administration; experience in contracts valued at greater than $5M preferred
- Experience dealing with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and permit management
Contact Sukhy Dhillon at 916-791-3000 for more information or email resume.