Supplier Quality Engineer
Loomis, CA | Direct Hire
Work Personnel is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for a company located in the Loomis area.
This a direct hire position with a FAST GROWING company whom is the leading supplier of core technology solutions in the Healthcare and Industrial Equipment Manufacturing industry.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to drive pro-active risk reduction, quality improvements, problem resolution, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action, and facilitate continuous process improvements with assigned suppliers. This position will provide quick reaction support for Quality and Delivery related issues, plan and execute supplier audits performance reviews, as well provide regular feedback and technical support to assigned suppliers.
- Develop a strong understanding of the assigned supply base and associated manufacturing, test, inspection processes.
- Lead specific in-depth problem solving at a supplier facility, such as recurring line stoppages, customer field failures, numerous supplier escapes, observation of significant failure trends, etc.
- Evaluate supplier rejections to determine appropriate actions, and manage all phases of Supplier Corrective Actions.
- Plan and execute product and process related audits, drive preventative actions at the supplier’s facility and minimize escapes
- Perform Supplier Performance Reviews and Supplier Scorecard action plans.
- Execute product verification activities with suppliers such as FAI, Acceptance Test, Qual, Environmental Test witness and Authorization to Ship.
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following:
- 7+ years of experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer (independently)
- Relevant training or desire to obtain certification in Quality such as CQE, Lead Auditor, IPC-600, IPC-610, IPC-620, Six Sigma
- This position requires both technical and analytical abilities
- Experience with AS9100, ISO: 9001, Quality Systems, Supplier quality requirement flow down
- Proficiency with MS Office software applications
- Experience with Oracle R12 a PLUS!
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to travel up to 75% (mostly day trips with some overnight travel)
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com with the subject title "Quality Engineer"