Sterling Heights, MI 48314 | Direct Hire
Looking for a Career Change
-Do you have a passion for Car?
-Are you mechanically inclined but looking for a new career that offers advancement, stable hours, steady income and in an automotive office environment?
-Are you a team player?
-Do you have a customer comes first attitude?
We are looking for Mechanics, Automotive Technicians, Service Technicians, that want a career change. We need individuals with the capabilities to service automobiles in the areas of body, engine, restraints and technical applications and work as a Technical Author. The Authoring we can teach you as long as you have the ability to clearly work with our engineers to construct timelines for each service activity on these cars. Please see job description below.
Job Title: Technical Author
This Automotive Technical Writer position is responsible for the development and production of all aspects of automotive owner’s manual materials. These aspects include researching OEM design and release documents, product development documents, plant installation drawings, parts detail drawings, technical service bulletins, CAD/CATIA data, and hands-on procedures utilizing prototype vehicles to develop efficient, concise, and technically accurate owner information for our OEM clients.
Development may be in multiple formats (including web based) and may involve interface with multiple clients both internal and external. Regardless of deliverable or style, this position must ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks which maintain compliance to both corporate and customer standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Experience working collaboratively with client teams in fast paced environment.
- Ability to dialog freely with internal teams regarding projects to ensure solutions are well planned.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough approach to follow-through on all tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks to ensure efficiencies.
- Ability to multitask and interface with many personalities.
- Solid understanding of authoring tools (XML/SGML), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. DITA knowledge and InDesign a plus.
- Enthusiastic and well organized.
- Capable of adhering to schedules and raising issues as necessary.
- Ability to engender trust.
- Manage team resources to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to work with domestic and international business cultures.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience in the following is strongly preferred:
- Mechanical abilities with automobiles/trucks
- Maintenance charting
- Understanding of drive train systems
- Understanding of components, fluids, and capacities
Hours: Mon - Fri 9 AM - 5 PM
This job operates in a professional office environment setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Must be able to pass Background check and Drug screen upon completion of application process.
Alliance PPO Medical/Dental/ Vision
401k with 4% company Match
Paid Vacation (2 weeks 1-2 years, 3 weeks by 3rd year)
10 Recognized Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year