Technical Product Manager
18943 Vickie Ave. #27 Cerritos, CA 90703 | Direct Hire
We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative Product Manager to join our growing team to help us successfully drive our product development efforts and our company into the future. If you are a technical product leader with the influence, initiative and management style, to motivate others and to create a spirit within our product team of innovation that will further enable company to compete and win within our market segment, please apply!
The demands of this position require an ability to create a team culture that will stimulate innovation and promote accountability. You will set clear goals and objectives and analyze successes /failures within the product development and implantation processes to identify opportunities for improvement. You will also identify and build cross-functional relationships that will drive our long-term strategic plan; identify potential new products that will generate product requirements and determine product specifications, and pricing. Working with cross functional teams to develop go-to-market strategies will also be an important responsibility of this job.
- Ability to drive product development vision and delivery of our new products, to remain relevant and competitive in the market place.
- Ability to generate requirements and specifications for existing and new products.
- Ability to prioritize product opportunities using requirements defined by our customers’ needs and research.
- Ability to prepare and provide management and leadership with short-term and long term product sales forecasts and analyses.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate vision and goals of existing and new products.
- Ability to lead planning meetings that will drive direction of products and communicate plan to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work directly and productively with cross-functional teams - sales, marketing and engineering.
- Ability to assess market competition and perform product comparisons and analysis.
- Ability to develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements - establish KPIs, define requirements, define product targets within the competitive landscape, and develop business models and associated business cases when necessary.
- Ability to manage product life cycle, including concept, design, production, testing, forecasting, costing, promotion, support, and end of product life cycle.
- Ability to develop a product plan based on corporate strategy to achieve growth in market share, return on investment for the company, and value for our customers.
- Ability to maintain and expand in-depth knowledge of products, solutions, and company offerings.
- Ability to coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from customers and prospects.
- Ability to develop a vision for a new product based on customer needs and translate that vision into detailed specifications to be built-out.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years of product management or other relevant experience.
- Experience working directly with designers to design and iterate on products.
- Experience as an engineer leader in solving hard problems in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing analytics.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems related to building new product functionality quickly.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Experience developing product presentations for small and large audiences.
- Experience with product management for hardware and software-based products and services.
- Experience developing metrics to evaluate the usage and success of products you manage.
- United States citizenship is required.