Laredo, TX 78045
- Receive and review paperwork (commercial invoices, packing list, etc.) for accuracy, completeness, and confirm they meet Customs & Border Protection (CBP) regulations and customer requirements established in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Electronically file accurate Entry documents with CBP in a timely manner through ABI via our AS/400 system
- Communicate and report to customers, shippers, Mexican brokers, CBP, and transportation companies via e-mail, telephone, nextel radio in both English and Spanish; including scanning documents
- Prepare bills of lading for US transportation companies
- Keep track and address any issues on shipments processed, including problem resolution
- Prepare letters in Word and reports through Excel
- Ensures the adherence of work schedule (i.e., hours of work, days scheduled to work, etc.)
- Any other responsibilities based on the needs of the company
- Able to communicate effectively in both English & Spanish
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office, experience in a professional e-mail environment
- Familiar with office machines: copiers, scanners, faxes, etc.
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Dependable transportation (company is located on mile marker 12, Unitec Industrial Park)
- Able to pass company exam on Word & Excel, and US Customs knowledge exam (if resume indicates Customs experience
Permanent schedule is 10 am to 7 pm; during training the schedule will vary and will begin at 9:30 am to be adjusted accordingly.
The permanent schedule includes rotating weekend and holiday schedule.
Candidate must be flexible; there may be a need to come in earlier and/or stay later, depending on the workload (40 hrs/week minimum)
Salary range will be $8.50/hr to $11.50/hr - DOE
Experience is not required, but preferred
Training on basic importing principles will be offered for any contracted employee without experience in US Customs brokerage industry. Salary will be based on experience. Once training is completed and permanent schedule is initiated, salary will be adjusted to compensate for late shift coverage.