Vertical Marketing Manager
Hemet, CA | Direct Hire
Summary of Position:
- The Vertical Marketing Manager assists in driving business and market growth through targeted segments of major global vertical markets/industries. This involves developing a formalized marketing strategy and building specific marketing plans in support of that strategy. The Vertical Marketing Manager actively works with the Vice President of Marketing, Product Managers, Sales Managers, and Digital/Outbound Marketing to develop the long-term vertical segment strategic plan as well as the tactical annual marketing plan for the vertical market he/she is responsible for.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Co-develops the strategic plan for each vertical market using input from Product Management, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, and the Marketing Team to create effective new market growth strategies aligned with overall strategic goals and objectives laid out by company leadership
- Co-develops marketing plans using input from Product Management, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, and the Marketing Team to identify and develop specific marketing tactics to deliver annual growth objectives. Plans should include focus on the continued growth of the core business, new product launch plans, competitive response plans, new channel penetration plans, and demand creation plans
- Designs marketing programs and sales tools to support reaching annual revenue objectives
- Leads the local implementation of global new product and marketing strategies for their respective vertical markets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Commercialization process champion
- Develop program objectives, messaging, and metrics
- Demand creation strategy
- Channel management plan
- Leads industry intelligence gathering and market research/VOC to gain understanding of market and customer dynamics. Converts market knowledge into recommendations
- Engages with sales & commercial teams to understand customer needs and current demands, competitive dynamics, macroeconomic trends, and emerging technology and product feature needs within a given industry.
Other Responsibilities and Functions:
- Supports and updates CRM systems and provides reports that support greater market understanding and development
- Participates in kaizen events and similar efforts that require industry knowledge as an input for success
- Participates in marketing team discussions to ensure plans for product lines and department strategy are aligned with customer requirements and macro trends
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of financial reports, and business statements
- Understanding of competitive intelligence techniques
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business/product/marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic marketing plans
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality
- Ability to work under pressure and manage many tasks simultaneously
- Ability in analytical thinking
- Ability to present complex or difficult messages clearly and persuasively
- Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge in use of personal computers, and common business productivity tools such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases, project scheduling tools, etc.
This Company is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Education and Experience:
- BS or BA degree in business, marketing; MS, MBA, or MA in marketing or business management preferred
- Five or more years of progressive experience as a marketing professional
- Experience in development of and use of demand creation and promotional tools and strategies
- Some knowledge of Agricultural, Municipal Water, or Industrial markets is helpful but not required