Ware-housemen NEEDED NOW!!! 12.50 per hour !!
Carlsbad, CA | Full Time
AWESOME opportunity to work with a Great company!
Availability needs to be open!
$$$$12.50 PER HOUR TO START!!
Assembly and packaging!!!
CALL SHARON TODAY AND APPLY HERE 442-287-0300
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for directing warehouse activities to comprehensively support the production department and to ensure inventory accuracy that the packaging process is done in accordance with the safety, quality, sanitation, and efficiency principles of our company. The successful candidate must be able to:
- Primary focus areas include employee safety, product and packaging quality & integrity, inventory accuracy, following the proper warehouse procedures (FIFO), sanitation and warehouse efficiency and
- Ability to proficiently operate both stand-up and sit down forklifts (propane and electric), Dockstockers, Motorized Walkie Riders, Motorized Walk-Behind Pallet Jacks is
- Ability to drive the company 24 foot Bobtail truck as well as the company pickup truck in order to transfer
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting mechanical issues requiring repair. Must drive the process of getting necessary PMs (Preventive Maintenance) service done to avoid major issues. Responsible for washing the company vehicles on a regular
- Understand and follow the prescribed production process from customer PO to outbound finished goods Bill of Lading and every step in
- Understand and follow the prescribed inventory control process from receiving to outbound shipment and every step in
- Keep the warehouse clean and sanitary. Prevent damage to product and clean-up any spills promptly. Notify Management if there are any concerns with product quality for any
- Support Pest Control efforts through careful handling of product to prevent spillage, implementing proper sanitation protocols including cleaning, inspection, and monitoring for any pest activity before it gets out of
- Monitor the production schedule and effectively work with production and management to ensure that the correct product (item #), lot number, and quantity is transferred in a timely manner to avoid causing any unscheduled down-time.
- Drive the warehouse process as appropriate to smooth out variations in Equipment, People, and Material such that efficient production is routinely achieved. Perceive changes in the type of support needed by production and work with management to find solutions as appropriate.
- Provide continuous and timely feedback to inform management of the status of the warehouse
- Provide forklift training as needed to new hires as well as existing employees. Training includes – safe forklift operation,
- Provide feedback to management as needed to effectively review warehouse employee performance on a regular basis. Assist with decisions to recognize excellent performance as well as administer disciplinary action as
- Assist with the investigation and documentation of safety incidents. Implement effective corrective
- Candidate must be able to read, write, and speak in English. Bilingual – Spanish a
- Lifting up to 55 lbs
- Extended standing and walking required. Limited climbing, squatting, crawling, and/ or sitting may be required. Ability to climb up to and stand on platform/ mezzanine approx. 10 ft. high
- Computer literate: basic programs – Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); Experience with inventory control/ logistics software a plus. Be able to learn to use Macola
- Ability to do basic arithmetic required: add, subtract, multiply, divide; basic
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the warehouse field including supervising and managing a crew of 2-3 people (minimum)
- Flexible schedule required (as needed). Typical production shift 1st shift = 8:00 am – 4:45 pm; 2nd shift = 5:15 pm – 2:00 am. Some mandatory overtime and/ or weekend work may be required. Candidate will be required to report at 5:00 AM as needed to support
- Must be able to work in ambient warehouse conditions (winter = 45 deg F – 75 deg F; summer = 60 deg F – 95 deg F), must be able to work in hot, humid, dusty or wet environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under little to no direct
- Pay rate dependent upon skill level, experience, and demonstrated ability to achieve company directives.