Raleigh, NC 27615
IMMEDIATE DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY with a 35+ year old heavy equipment manufacturer and installation company!!!
- Medical benefits
- 3 weeks of PTO/year
- Individual retirement program - 100% match on 1st 3% contributed
Seeking an experienced mig and arc welder to lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural steel forms building overhead cranes & parts
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- May lay out, position, align, and fit components together.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shield arc, submerged arc, flex cord, or gas welding equipment.
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured and checked.
- Work with precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Look at flat drawings, pictures, and blueprints, and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
- See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shading.
- Lift and carry objects of varying weights.
- Reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
- Perform work from scaffolding, ladders, or other structures.
- Perform work overhead, beneath a structure, and from various other positions as required by working conditions.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions and situations.
- Certification at one or more levels is required.
- Ability to travel and overnight when needed paid for by the company