(Temp) Risk Managment Specialist
Palm Desert, CA 92260
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Organizes, administers and coordinates an Agency-wide loss prevention and control program to identify and analyze potential exposure to loss; examines alternative risk management or loss control techniques; implements risk management and mitigation measures and techniques; monitors the effectiveness of techniques implemented; collaborates with the Agency's safety and security staff in the development of new programs, initiatives and incentives to improve work place safety and reduce the primary causes of claims filed against the Agency.
2. Participates in the investigation, administration and adjudication of tort claims filed against the Agency for a wide range of issues; formulates findings and recommendations for action and adjudication of claims for approval by Deputy Chief Financial Officer, legal counsel and the General Manager.
3. Interprets laws and regulations and recommends policies and procedures for insurance, claims and safety activities; reviews and analyzes changes in state and federal legislation as they apply to the areas of insurance, safety and tort liability; insures that all Agency risk management programs are in compliance.
4.Works with safety and security staff to evaluate the Agency's physical and electronic security, especially as applicable to Homeland Security requirements, and develop and recommend methods to meet requirements at optimal costs and mitigate any areas of risk.
5.Principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, contracting and maintenance of public records.
6. Methods of identifying exposure to loss and investigating and correcting industrial and environmental hazards.
7. State workers' compensation laws, regulations, procedures and requirements.