Accounts Payable Manager
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Accounts Payable Specialist works closely with the Accounts Payable Manager, assists other accounting staff members, and responds to other departments’ accounts payable questions. The A/P Specialist makes sure all bills are properly received and entered into the accounting software, checked for accuracy, and are paid when due. Keeps records organized and available for auditors at audit/tax time. Be able to manage any increased payables volume that accompanies the special events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble, review and verify bills and check requests
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable bill items or prices
- Sort, code, and match bills
- Set up vendors
- Enter and upload bills into system
- Process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable and bank transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve bill discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files and timely filings of paperwork
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month-end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits and work with auditors
- Provide support to budget managers
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of accounts payable and chart of accounts
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, NetSuite, Quickbooks, or similar)
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Experience with Federal and state forms 1099, 1042, W9, W8Ben
- 3 – 5 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years accounting higher education
Key Accounts Payable Skills and Competencies:
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Communication skills
- Vendor relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills (active thought process)
- Results oriented
- Think critically
- Time management
- Team work
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Pleasant and friendly
- Ability to read and interpret documents, spreadsheets and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively when working with partners, vendors, VIPs or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel).
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, NetSuite, or similar)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position enjoys regular 8:30 to 5 working hours; however, based on events, might include nights, weekends and major holidays.
All qualified applicants please email resumes to email@example.com
or call Alicia Wilkins at 760-346-3945