Temecula, CA 92590
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8: 00 – 5: 00
The skills that are must haves are:
• Ability to Multitask and Strong Organizational Skills
• Basic-Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook/Word/Excel)
• Basic Use of Office Equipment (Scanning/Copying/Print2Fax, etc.)
• Customer Service Oriented
• Able to Work Independently, Quick Learner
• Attend company and departmental meetings as requested, takes meeting minutes, distributes and maintains minutes.
• Receives nursing notes and invoices for timely processing. Responsible for tracking invoicing issues and resolving them in a timely manner.
• Responsible for coding and processing all vendor/third party invoices in a timely manner.
• Maintains appropriate office supplies on hand: i.E. Toner, paper and coordinates with Office Services Coordinator for all supply orders.
• Manages fax communications and ensures timely distribution to the appropriate personnel/team members.
• Responsible for tracking when QOL calls/mailed surveys are due and calls patients or mails requested hard copy QOLs at appropriate intervals of patient's care. Enters accurate QOL data into CPR+ Assessments in a timely manner.
• Maintains current tracking of Pharmacy licenses by running monthly Primary Source Verification and keep up-to-date copies of all in appropriate pharmacy location. Notifies Pharmacist-inCharge of any impending license expirations.
• Assist in maintaining a current database of all HHA and ICN nursing licenses, liability insurance and CPR card expiration dates. Follows up with HHA and ICN in a timely manner to ensure there is no lapse of current documents on file.
• Assist nursing department with obtaining Business Associate Agreements and Infusion Service Agreements for all active Home Health Agencies and Independent Contracted Nurses and forwards to VP Operations for review and signature.
• Assist nursing department with distribution of current infusion orders via fax or encrypted email to Home Health Agencies and Independent Contracted Nurses.
• Assists in maintaining copies of all nursing contracts electronically in MedForce. Keep active nursing spreadsheet updated.
• Track HHAs and INCs who are due for annual re-credentialing and inform nursing team.
• Track nursing authorization expiration dates and inform nursing team of reauthorization needs.
• Provide administrative services to NuFACTOR staff as needed including faxing and copying.
• Scans and indexes all medical records documents using MedForce EMR.
• Archives electronic and pharmacy paper charts per NuFACTOR SOP.
• Prepare New Patient Packages and give to pharmacy to be sent with first shipment.
• Prepare and distribute emergency medical cards for new patients and from requests from website.
• Interface with customers on a regular basis including, but not limited to, Independent Contracted Nurses and Home Health Agencies for the purpose of building and supporting quality customer relationships.
• Continuously strive to improve processes, service quality to internal and external customers.
• Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
• Display dedication to the position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
Medical experience is a huge plus for this role but not a must have. Please send an updated resume for consideration.