Aerospace CNC Machinist - Just Became Available!
Santa Ana, CA 92704 Santa Ana, CA 92704
Temp to Hire Job Opportunity for an experienced CNC machinist to work at an established respected Aerospace Manufacturing Plant in Santa Ana.
CNC Mill Machinist needed for Plug & Pin Gage manufacturing company in Santa Ana.
Hours: Monday-Friday- 6am-2:30pm
- Edits programs for CNC vertical, horizontal mills, lathe, transmit programs from DNC to machine control and back to the DNC, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, and proving out part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Ability to measure using inspection tools, such as Micrometer, Height gage, O.D Micrometer, Comparator, Calipers, and experience checking first article / first-run part, and sample workpieces, and adhering to all geometric symbols and standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Clocking in and out of work order operations, and documenting actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic blue print reading and interpretation.
- Operate various machines to perform specific operations.
- Ability to learn set-ups and operate machine.
- Handling of customer hardware using proper inspecting tools and methods.
- Read, understand, and check job routers for accuracy.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains safety by keeping the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Candidate must have at least 2 to 5 year of recent manual machine operating experience
- A good mechanical aptitude is required for this position.
- Ability to learn in a machine-operating environment.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Candidate must take direction very well, and you must get along well with others
- Candidate must maintain punctuality and attendance.
Apply with confidence to Anaheimhills@atwork.com or by calling 714-363-3670