Los Angeles, CA 90024
A growing Los Angeles based vertically-integrated real estate investment firm is seeking Architect, Design & Project Director/Manager to manage all phases of architecture and design of multiple projects from the time of initial due diligence and site acquisition through stabilized occupancy. Will utilize project management, design, strategy, and supply chain techniques to control a creative process, support a culture of creativity, and build a structure and organization to enhance or project design goals. Project types will include Mixed-Use, Hospitality, Creative Office, Residential and F&B.
Competitive salary, bonus potential, growing firm, team-oriented environment, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, LTD, EAP, Sick, Vacation, Holidays.
• Bachelor's degree in architecture or design required
• LEED Certification required Training & Experience:
• Experienced architect - Licensed in the state of California
• Five plus years' experience working for an architecture or design firm or development company
• The ideal candidate should know the principles and practices involved in architectural design, techniques in designing, constructing and maintaining architectural projects • Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management, contract development and cost estimating
• Must be a good forward planner and excellent motivator to manage large teams with different goals to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and coherent design.
• Some hotel and food & beverage experience preferred. Technology:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel, Word, MS Project and PowerPoint • Proficiency in use of CADD or similar design software.
• Computer literate – able to prepare correspondence, access information from property management software and conduct business via e-mail and internet. Licenses, Certifications & Special Requirements:
• Currently registered and or licensed as an architect or designer in California, Arizona or Texas Performance Measures:
• Ability to meet stated objectives in an effective and timely manner Travel: • Frequent regional travel (Western US & Texas) up to 30%, including occasional overnight travel
• Work with ownership and internal development and finance teams to develop a vision and aesthetic for each project
• Assist in developing a corporate brand strategy specific to design, utilizing sustainability, creativity and innovation as a basis for all our projects
• Source outside design and architectural firms that best fit each project's specific vision
• Plan, organize and manage architectural activities both third party and within the organization.
• Establish an internal protocol for design process and approvals
• Review project plans and approve architectural specifications contained in the plans
• Oversee and prepare feasibility studies and reports, making sure that designs comply with current standards, internal goals and that all documents are accurate and consistent.
• Establish, review and schedule work priorities to keep the design process flowing
• Assist in preparation of all documents and contracts for design and construction projects and related professional services
• Review funds, changing orders and estimates for all projects
• Monitor the performance of contractors to ensure that all jobs pass quality control procedures and that all requirements are carried out
• Assist in evaluating bids from contractors and make recommendation for awarding contracts
• Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost-effective way
REWARDS: Competitive salary, bonus potential, growing firm, team-oriented environment, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, LTD, EAP, Sick, Vacation, Holidays.