San Francisco, CA 94134
Client is a venture-backed, biomedical startup that is addressing a critical unmet medical need in early sepsis diagnostics. We are looking to add a laboratory technician to join our dynamic team to solve the challenges ahead.
As a lab technician, you will be responsible for executing the experimental protocols to collect the data for the team. You are expected to implement the protocols with accuracy and precision where attention to detail is key. Good laboratory notebook practices are expected to keep track of experiments and observations.
Successful candidates will work well in a fast-paced startup environment, demonstrate a hands-on and can-do attitude, embrace new challenges, enjoy collaborative efforts, have proven expertise in laboratory environments, and be a strong oral and written communicator.
• Performs laboratory tests and analysis of biological samples and other materials
• Operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes, ovens, furnaces, water baths, polishers, calipers, and micrometers
• Managing the calibration of instrumentation
• Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work areas
• Installation and set-up of new equipment.
• Preparation of test specimens in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate standards and internal procedures
• Constructs and maintains various test fixtures and other laboratory equipment to ensure proper working order
• Generation of written documents, including test reports for internal staff or clients, as well as operating procedures
• Ensuring the laboratory is clean and tidy at all times
• Safe handling and use of chemicals
• Willing to assist in other activities from time to time that maybe requested to assist in the execution of projects
• Bachelor's Degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
• 1 – 3 years related experience in biological or chemical laboratory environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Execute complex instructions, and document experimental results
• Strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills: reading, writing, and speaking