Automotive Production Supervisor
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
7: 30 p.M. - 6 am.
To ensure that production and quality standards are attained. Responsible for the Health & Safety of employees under his/her direction. To develop the employees through training and effective communication methods.
*MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
_*Supervise hourly staff as related to Production relative to the Company's manufacturing business, in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, and regulatory requirement for a safe working environment.*_
* Plan, assign and direct shift staff and activities for safe work practices to meet production demands.
* Responsible for attaining production requirements on a daily basis while maintaining proper utilization and efficiency of manpower.
* Manage performance issues, identify training needs and arrange for upgrading in the areas of quality, customer requirements, safety, equipment and any other areas which will support the associate to excel in their assignment.
* Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedure, plant rules and legislative obligations.
Administer the Collective Agreement and Company policies as they apply to activities on shift. Develop good working relationships with Union and Safety Representatives, respond to their concerns and resolve disputes including grievances.
* Carry out timely disciplinary processes in accordance with the Collective Agreement and resolve complaints and problems.
* Ensure accurate and timely records and documentation are maintained. Ensure all ISO/TS 16949: 2009 procedures/paperwork are correct and updated in area.
* Responsible for informing employees of all news (customer related, quality, safety, etc.) by developing proper communication methods
_*Take responsibility as a competent person under Section 27 of the OSHA for the safety and well-being of employees on shift*_.
* Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of a worker. Ensure that employees receive appropriate training and they wear appropriate PPE using additional safety equipment when required and follow safe work procedure and practices. Carry out workplace inspections such as layered audits, JHSC safety inspections, etc. Report unsafe conditions or equipment, correcting substandard acts or conditions.
* Respond to incidents, arrange for first aid and take precautions to avoid further injury or impact. Follow procedures for accident investigation and reporting. Cooperate with internal and external contacts.
* Conduct information sessions such as safety talks, tailgate meetings and participate in other forms of staff meetings.
* Oversee the general safety of the people and plant. Observe and monitor employee safety and provide H&S feedback.
* Any employee observed not following safety rules will be disciplined up to and including discharge
_*Participate and communicate with others through general meetings, verbal conversation and in electronic manner.*_
* Interacts with Maintenance to ensure that a proper maintenance schedule is maintained.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Maintains layered audit schedule.
* Complete shift report on daily basis and email to all necessary individuals.
* Attend meetings as required.
* Perform any other duties that may be specifically or generally assigned.
* Secondary School education in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 3-5 years of Supervisory Experience
* Supervisory experience in an union environment
* Good judgment, problem solving and decision-making
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Occasional periods of mental and visual concentration during computer and scheduling work.
* Frequent listening and mental attentiveness in dealing with production demands and supervising people.
* Mental effort required in multi-tasking and handling interruptions that require constant refocusing.
* Requires frequent walking throughout the plant.
* Supervises direct reports in a unionized environment.
* Coordination of production, manpower, training, safety and quality of work during the shift.
* Responsible for manpower and equipment of shift.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you want to be part of a winning team and your experience qualifies you for this exciting career opportunity, please provide your resume.