Aviation Sheet Metal Mechanic
San Antonio, TX 78237
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidate must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Can identify various aluminum alloys, temper and thicknesses.
- Capable of setting up equipment to cut parts with straight, angle and miter cuts.
- Capable of reading and understanding decimal scale and use of scales, protractors and calipers.
- Able to layout cut lines, bend lines and hole locations on sheet metal stock.
- Experience in the proper Drilling, (proper hole sizes) Countersinking, for the installation of various rivets and hi-strength fasteners.
- Knowledge and Experience in the proper removal and installation of Solid Rivets; Cherry Max Rivets; HiLocks; Lockbolts; MS; and NAS hardware.\
- Knowledge and experience in installing Nut Plates and Rivnuts.
- Possesses an extensive tool box and experience on proper use of Air Drills, Rivet Guns, Micro Shaver, Cleco pliers, Clecos, Microstop Countersinks, Rivet squeezers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to remain in a stationary period for long periods of time.
- Excellent cognitive ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all team members and management within the organization.
- Able to work overtime to include weekends if needed.
- Flexible and willing to cross train to various areas within the company
- Must have Minimum of 7 years related experience
- Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 25 lbs. without assistance
- Full-Time, contract position, warehouse environment
- SA, TX 78237
Job Types: Full-time, Contract