Bilingual Ranch Manager
Fallbrook, CA 92028
***Bilingual English/Spanish required for this role***
In general, provide leadership and operational management as needed to meet established cost, production, and profitability goals.
• Assist Ranch Owners in the development of annual operating strategies and goals.
• Make operational decisions regarding labor and materials (land, utilities, water, fertilizer, pesticides, packing materials, plant & equipment, etc.) resource allocation for the safe and efficient execution of cultural practices and harvest activities.
• Direct all cultural and harvest activities of Ranch Labor on site.
• Provide ongoing operational status reporting (production results quality measurements, issues and resolutions, etc.)
• Identify and assist Owners with the management of financial variances to budget with an emphasis on solutions.
• Support Owners in the analysis and interpretation of internally developed information with a focus on actions/solutions relative to production costs, yields and other business decisions.
• Work with Ranch Labor to ensure positive labor relations and an adequate and cost effective and adequate labor force. Source labor as required.
• Monitor daily employee productivity to determine labor efficiencies and identify any areas needing corrective action.
• Verify all labor time reports to ensure employees are accounted for and that time is being recorded in the appropriate tasks/job cost or block/crop.
• Inspect and ensure that all food safety protocols are being followed in compliance safety standards.
• Ensure the actualization and proper documentation of the following programs: food safety, employee safety, water quality/use, hazardous materials, pesticide usage, fertilizer usage, and equipment/facility maintenance (irrigation systems, packing equipment and buildings, etc.).
• Train production personnel in the proper documentation and timely submittal of all required reports.
• *Monitor any irrigation/fertilization/technology trials and ensure the accurate documentation of yield results.
• Work directly with Owners in the planning, selection and requisitioning of all materials purchases.
• Coordinate crop production materials inventories with between vendors and management.
• Assist in developing annual program review of ranch maps to ensure proper block sizing and plant spacing. To include documentation of any changes in infrastructure.
• Ensure all Good Agriculture Practices and Best Management Practices are met.
• Provide assistance on special projects, operational procedures, reporting and analysis of operating problems.
• Ensure that all employees are appropriately trained to execute work duties in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Safety Management System and Injury and Illness Prevention Program.