Business Development Manager
New York City, NY
AtWork is currently looking for a talented, experienced Business Development Manager to join one of the most well-respected staffing firms opening in mid-town New York City. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and generating new business through outside sales activities such as prospecting, territory planning, emailing, cold calls, live networking, social selling and relationship building. The Business Development Manager is accountable and focused on generating new business sales with companies of all sizes and industries and will deal most frequently with middle to senior management within the client’s organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an effective 30-60-90 Day Sales Plan to meet or exceed established sales objectives for targeting and closing new business accounts.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach and follow a strategic market plan to develop new business.
- Perform weekly marketing calls and garner weekly appointments.
- Build close partnerships with clients, evaluate needs and help their business grow by developing and delivering the best AtWork staffing solutions for attracting candidates.
- Use the consultative sales strategy to effectively resolve client objections and maximize sales activity within assigned territory.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal resources to develop comprehensive sales presentation materials tailored to the account.
- Make formal sales presentations and follow-up calls to prospective new business accounts.
- Collaborate with internal service staff to ensure that accounts sold are consistent with service resources and candidate pool.
- Interface with appropriate field management to establish pricing for quotes and bids that are consistent with the company’s financial objectives.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all services offered by AtWork and awareness of the competition.
- Meet/exceed performance expectations including weekly calls, appointments, and GP dollars.
- Organize weekly sales efforts utilizing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, including all contacts, activities, appointments and opportunities.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to drive innovation, best practices, and a team environment.
- Provide feedback to internal stakeholders on sales tools, prospect intelligence, and results from campaign follow up.
- Answer and process incoming calls/questions and resolve client issues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of business to business sales experience
- Creatively leverage research to develop high-impact messaging that resonates with prospects
- Successful track record with arranging high-quality meetings with executive level decision makers
- Resourceful in finding, building and nurturing relationships with key decision makers and leaders
- Ability to think strategically, execute effectively, and deliver high quality work against tight deadlines
- Staffing industry experience, preferably in business development
- Familiar with consultative, solutions-based selling
- Strong sales presentation and persuasion skills
- Possess a high sense of urgency and self confidence
- Ambitious, self-manager who can lead, has an outgoing personality, a will to win and can achieve sales goals
- Works well within a quota driven environment
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Sales: 2-4 years (Preferred)
- New York, NY (midtown)
- United States (Preferred)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Uncapped Earnings Potential
- 15 Vacation Days
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Lunch Stipend
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Summer Fridays Incentive
- Social Events/Dinners
- Yearly Top-billers Trip
- Comprehensive Training Program starting from your first day
- Career potential to move up through promotion based on performance
- Ongoing professional coaching and development
- Opportunity to attend local Seminars and national Conferences
AtWork’s mission has always been AtWork for You: Our employees, clients, and community partners. AtWork locations are empowered to make decisions at the local level and provide award-winning service to job seekers looking to make the next move in their career, as well as leading businesses looking to grow local economies and strengthen their communities.
We are consistently recognized by Inavero as a Best of Staffing Client and Talent award winner, in addition to being recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts as one of America’s largest and fastest growing staffing firms, as well as one of the best staffing firms to work for. For more information, visit www.atwork.com.
AtWork is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.